Monday, September 28, 2009

Balik Kampong - On The Way Home

This the house that Bapak built . Thanks to Sis Lili....she had the house repaired and gave it a new coat of paint . Bapak was not too keen initially but relented when a part of the ceiling on the first floor gave way .



So for the next two months , the house was in complete chaos and mess . I can imagine the hard work they put in , the stress , the daily attitude of the workers , plus my father's constant ' short fuse ' with everybody . A pain to one's state of mind both emotionally and physically . I went thru all that too when I had my house renovated recently ...only Bapak was not around to be the unofficial supervisor .

My Bapak...

Oh ya ....of all the colors ...why that particular color for the house ? According to Sis Lili , Bapak wanted the house to be in that color . Hmmmm....kind of look nice in this pix.


My Children at Penang Airport ...lost in their own world .

Balik kampong means going to the house that father built . Yes, the excitement to be home is there , on the other hand this trip left each one of us to be on our toes ..........precautions taken in light of this virus H1N1. ( Horlick one , Nescafe one ...new terms as coined in the kampung ) . I insisted my children to use the face masks at the airport and in the plane too . Of course I had to use it as well .

Kuala Lumpur International Airport
Surprised that the place was not that decorated for the Hari Raya celebrations .

At KLIA ...we browsed around while waiting for our next flight to Miri . My son Uzair joined us here ; his campus is about 10 km away from the airport . His friend helped to sent him ; a RM50 given for the minyak kereta because nothing is free and taken for granted . Now the family is complete .

I expected to see familiar faces on the way home .....there were none . Quite a disappointment .

No comments: