Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hari Raya Aidil Fitri 2010

How time flies . Its Aidil Fitri 1431H....a celebration for the muslims after fasting in the month of Ramadhan .. Upcoming festival is Deepavali in early November , followed by Christmas in December and Chinese New year in early February next year .

Six months of various festivals being celebrated . I hear ka....ching...the sound of the cash register at shopping malls as we Malaysians made ourselves busy preparing for the celebrations .

I was busy too getting things ready for our flight to Miri . Hauling out bags from the cupboard ....sorting out the necessary items to bring home . Home sweet home for Hari Raya Aidil Fitri .



I have never celebrated Hari Raya apart from my family . Now that I have my own family Hari Raya means celebrating this day in the kampong . Nothing beats home ...my children and I just love to be there because we don't know of any other place that means so much to us . Tiring it may be ...of packing heavy bags and unpacking again when we reached home ....it doesn't matter to us . We just want to be home .

Morning of Syawal is something that everybody looks forward to . Lots of photo takings too with family members . Ahhhhh.....that atmosphere of family togetherness ....nothing could beat that feeling of sheer happiness to see everyone making their way to my father's house . Whatever space there is in front of my father's yard is packed with cars . The doorway is littered with all kind of footwear , different sizes , colors and shapes . It doesn't matter ... as long as nobody trips over the shoes .

My brothers and their families plus my sis in law and her children and grandchildren came in droves . So much happiness early in the morning .and we were glad to see each other again ...happy that we had completed the one month of fasting too ...great to be able to spent time with each other again ..




Most of all we were happy to see our father's face when he was surrounded by his children , his grandchildren and his great grandchildren . I was happy to be with him too on syawal morning .



I just love to hug you again bapak ...




I just love to seek forgiveness from you again ....



I just love to be in your company again .....


I just love to say Selamat Hari Raya .....Maaf Dzahir Batin ....to you , Bapak .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terima kaseh berkongsi kisah latest Hari Raya di Miri-terharu sekali kamek nangar gambar-gambar dalam blog tok-esp. of you and bapak.
Take care and salam.

serili