Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Elegant Elephant ?

Elegant elephant .....it certainly rhymes . The one that carried us on its back wasn't that elegant looking .


I fulfilled my desire to ride on one . It was scary to get on it as the elephant was not standing still as required .....but the guide was experienced enough to convince me that it was alright . " No scared , madam " he said .




A walk on jumbo along the jungle trial .

I honestly say it was not a comfortable 45 minutes journey . The elephant with me and my mum in law as guests and customers walked through a jungle trail ,



Remember to put your legs up high . Water is yucky !!

then through a pool of water which the elephant loved ....to cool itself off . I was apprehensive too...in case jumbo was high strung and decided to take revenge and sprayed us with water . You look carefully at the water .....its actually dirty and you could see little " poops " floating on the surface . I tried to ensure my shoes stayed dry .



Each photo taken costs us RM10 .


At the same time it gave an opportunity for the village's photographer to take a snap of us . I saw him running back to camp ....and what do you know ? When we reached base and alighted , the photos were ready and nicely packed . You don't have any choice but just had to buy your photo . Nobody else would be interested to buy .


For that ride it cost the whole family RM360 . And to think that my other family members were not that keen to join me in the first place .



Look ...who is grinning ?




And look at daughter Yasmin sitting elegantly in that pose of hers .




And hubby too was taking the opportunity to try his hand in how to guide jumbo .



However to say that I felt like a queen sitting high up on its back is an understatement . Nor was I that elegant in sitting on the hard chair and holding on to the chair bar for dear life .......I wouldn't want to slip out of the chair and trampled by those mighty foot . That would be a contribution to the news of " Today In History " ......for my personal history that is .


It was only when I saw the picture taken by hubby that I realised , the elephant that I sat on was skinny and undernourished . Worst she was hurt and had a deep wound on her forehead .



Ohhhh......so sad . I felt guilty too .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moar blogs!~