Friday, June 13, 2008

Welcoming June With A Gloom

Sorry folks for the long lapse . Such tardiness in updating my blog is unacceptable . My daughter Yasmin was pestering as to when am I going to update it .So here goes !!


Month of June is here . Welcome to you , June . A gloomy June indeed . With the recent hike in the price of petrol , I can feel the pinch on my purse strings . Gone are the days when I could fill up my little Kancil car with RM22 ........that's a full tank mind you and that was in 1999. Until two weeks ago , a full tank was about RM35 . Five days ago I pumped in RM50 worth of this precious black beauty .......and Sigh !! RM50 is only about 18 liters .


As for food ..........the price of chicken , beef and fish have soared up too . My consolation ..... the price of vegetables have so far maintained .




I should really be serious on this austerity drive thingy . Have to remind myself and the rest of the band to spend within our means . Limited outings too ........to Pizza Hut , my children's favorite haunt and other eatings out . Need to cut down on trips too .


Talking of trips.......yunno , I'm pretty glad we made the trip to Bangkok last May. If we had delayed it any further ..........I would never have gone at all .

No comments: