Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Treasures....

I will never forget the day I received this card . Thirty years ago we were roommates at campus .My first Mother's Day card I received from a friend . Sent all the way from USA and I have kept it ever since . Never felt so good before .



I was on the hospital bed , still feeling drowsy after my C-section when dear hubby came and passed a couple of letters to me . I recognized the handwriting on the mails . One was an invitation card for her wedding and a photo of her graduation . She looked good in that picture . Another was this Mother's Day card .



The year was 1994 . 25th May to be exact . The day I gave birth to my second son .



Wow.....receiving that card woke up all my drowsy cells in my body system . There was an immediate up surge in my adrenalin . Feelings of excitement , happiness and blessed too that a friend still had the time to say ' hi ' . That's what I call true friendship ...thousands of miles apart , separated by the vast oceans and yet I am still in her thoughts .

Thank you , Lek . May we be friends forever and ever .

No comments: