Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oh Gee..........!!

Oh gee...where do I start ?

Daughter Yasmin was pissed early this morning . She said she smiled at our next door neighbor and this neighbor didn't bother to smile back at her . " I'm not going to greet her any more "..she said . Oh dear !

I know what daughter Yasmin meant . I was given the cold shoulder too ....

Hmmmm...let me ponder ...


This neighbor ...shifted three months ago . They are not rude neither the confrontational kind . Quiet ...... So far I have not seen them showing their true nature like being loud in the middle of the night . They didn't play loud music that get on my nerves ...nor are they constanly drunk ...so what's wrong with them ?


I can't say they are bad right ? Its just that they are not the kind who like to smile and greet people . Not the kind to get to know thy neighbors . So far they only smiled at me once ...on early Diwali morning . After that my next encounter with them was when I was hanging clothes to dry in the front yard . Nerdy neighbor was sweeping and I said " Good Morning " . She said " Good Morning " too but with her back to me . Well....what do you think of that ?


My...my ....my......! Nerdy neighbor just don't have the concept of courtesy towards neighbors and other people . It certainly baffles me . Why can't I just take them as they are ...even if they think I don't exist on the other side of the fence ? Extremely good they are in giving us the cold shoulder . Hmmmmmm...I wonder where did they buy the ' Idiots Guide To Ignoring Neighbors ' book .


I have always have nice encounters with other neighbors ....had always gotten along with them .The present neighbors that I have ( minus this one ) are those type of ' neighbors to the rescue ' kind ........who like to do good deeds .


It just shows who I can pick who I want to be friends with ....but I can't pick who I want to be neighbors with . With this kind ( of neighbors ) its awfully hard to figure out what life is going to be like ..........They could learn a thing or two from their daughter .....the one who would greet me with a sweet smile .



I can't ignore that ..can I ?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its true...
Hmph!
So cruel,
Even if we dont actually get to know your neightbour,
Atleast we can just smile!
Dont smile to those kind of neighbours!
Buang masa only..

Misz Murder said...

Ya bok nya..
plek da jak kowh!
ksian jwk auntie.
Bgs2 org greet nya, nya greet k blkng nya.
weit2..