Monday, November 17, 2008

One Hot Sunny Afternoon

It was one of those days ....an extremely hot afternoon ; with no breeze too . Too hot for the neighbors kids to move around on their bikes ; as such there was no sound of happy laughter and endless chattering of kids in the street . It was supposed to be a great weekend ; after all year end holidays are here !!


I was looking forward to prop myself up on the sofa ....put my legs up ....and switch on the telly . In the distance I heard a car accelerating ...it passed my house ...then there was a screech of brakes and a loud ' bang ' . My first reaction ..." Oh Oh ...let's hope its not one of the kids " .


Ten seconds later , I was at my front gate ...peeping out ..... I saw my neighbor , Ali . Boy .....was he mad !! Of course it didn't take me long to plus one and one together ....that it was his car ...being slammed into !!




Hello ....don't say I am being nosy ...ok ? In cases like this ....one just have to investigate !! And this is what I saw . Ali's car on the right ....



I heard Ali said " Macam ini kah kamu mai? " translated ...is this the way you drive ? ....as his left hand slammed on top of the other car ( left car ) . To be involved in a car accident must be a scary experience . Especially when it involved someone of the size of Ali .............



I turned my head and saw my other neighbors coming out of their gates ...with quizzical faces ....wanting to know what in the heavens was disturbing this peaceful afternoon .....in full force ....!!



Now this pix was taken on Diwali's night ...they are all my neighbors ....dear hubby is on the right . They were all there yesterday ...........everyone had a reason to be at the scene ........hehehe..!! Including my lady neighbors ....



Its not that often all the neighbors congregate in the streets yunno ....the last time we did that was when the whole block of houses was pitched into darkness......... due to power failure .



I saw the damage to Ali's car .......yes ...Ali just had to be emotional . Its hard to come across a person who is cool when he / she is involved in a car accident . I was wondering about the other driver ....is he/ she hurt ? I knew it must be a ' she ' ... she did not step out of the car to confront Ali . You wouldn't want to mess around with a name like Ali ....floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee . The lady driver made a call / calls ....she must be quite scared and upset too . A few minutes later ...her friends came .....plus her husband ...in orange T shirt .



See the guy in black T shirt ....? When he arrived ...he jumped out of his car and immediately heard him cursing away ....marah lah tu ..... This in turn further infuriated Ali . There was an exchange of words ...........angry words . Then somebody had the presence of mind to say " Let the police handle this task . "

I saw Ali made the call ....heard him reporting about an accident ..." Ya ...Encik ! Di Laguna Merbok " ....his voice was calm .



The police arrived ....30 minutes later . One took a few pictures at different angles ...another was hearing to Ali's " story " . Then they took a measuring tape , took some measurements here and there . My lady neighbor who happened to be a teacher was asking " I wonder why are they doing the measuring ? " I answered ..." Well ....they are just applying their mathematics here " . Then they hopped in their car ....


gave me a salute ...gestured to me to write a good report ....and they were gone .

Hehehe....my lady neighbor and I laughed ....the police officers thought I was a reporter !! Oh well....what a day to end the weekend .............with a big question in my head " How would I respond when faced with a car accident ? " . Touch wood !!


So how was your day ?

No comments: