Friday, September 5, 2008

Kuala Lumpur

I used to sing this song " Its A Small World " with the children at school . I certainly believe it is so .




As I was walking slowly towards the departure gate and appreciating the plants along the way , I bumped into familiar faces from my old sweet town .


Among them were :




Neighbor Hakim

1 ) My ex next door neighbor . Met him at the airport on our way home .


He was in Kl doing some official work sent by the company he is working for . We updated news ...and glad to now that his eldest daughter is furthering her studies and is hoping to work part time along the way . Anyway she had always been the industrious and very serious girl where her academics are concerned . His other two children are doing great too .


With this neighbor of mine , we don't call each other by our names . He called me ' neighbor " . That was what I called him too when I bumped into him .


2 ) My ex colleague at Bintulu Port Sdn. Bhd . A tremendously good friend . He was on his way home to the island .



Ex colleague Sulaiman

Good friends are hard to come by . How blessed I am to have met him again . Too bad we were not able to sit over coffee and chat longer ...that's what we would do with long and found friends again , right ?


Anyway , with God's grace I do hope to cross paths again . Meetings like this , unplanned and out of the blue certainly gave me lots of thrills .


3 ) Another ex colleague , Mohd Idris .



Met him at Kuala Lumpur City Center with his family . Mohd . Idris on the right and his wife in the center . Dear hubby and son in the back .


I was embarrased for a while as I forgot his name . Though we were from the same company , we seldom met as we were from different departments . To talk to each other too was indeed rare but when we did cross paths , we acknowledged each other's presence with a smile . We know each other existed and is / was working for the same company . Somehow at that particular time there was nothing to talk about .


So , to have met someone again .......wow .....it made me feel good . Feeling at the top of the world, if I must say so . Here is someone whom I seldom talked to and when we met bumped into each other in KL ..... it was sweet of him to greet me .

I met his wife and their children . His wife was friendly and easy to get along with .


To end the few days in KL , I was again taken by surprise when I saw these colorful seats in the plane . Cheery indeed .


And for the first time , I did not do any shopping ...just browsing .....

1 comment:

podgykat said...

The moment we entered the plane; hubby turned to and said, Wow, colourful seats! Hard not to notice, isn't it but one notch up for them in trying to present a more cheery disposition!

hey, we should've met in KL! We must've left when you arrived.. The kids like KL but for me and hubs the hustle & bustle gets to us after a few days!

I searched & searched but couldn't find a pic of you!
take care Dancy dear. My salam to you n Family..