Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Trip

We made a short trip to Kuala Lumpur ( KL ) two weeks ago . It was a spur of the moment decision . Not a wise thing to do as it upset everybody's program . My children were grumbling away , myself was having that " what can I do ? " kind of feeling . I was wishing it would have been great if I have close family members around . A great help they would have been . But hubby just had to be in KL .




We took a flight out ...from Penang to Kuala Lumpur . Just a 50 minutes journey and a 40 minutes if the pilots were to push on the throttles .



We were over the main land of the peninsula in a matter of minutes . Looking below , I was wondering as to which part of the state I was passing thru . The meandering river could easily be made out ...don't ask me the name though .



Reaching KLIA , it was rather quiet for an airport ; not that a hustle and bustle of a place to be ...I mean the scenario I used to see a couple of years ago , it was just packed with the local folks and tourists as well .



Years ago , each time I wanted to have a light snack I would head to this cafeteria and it would be teeming with people then . Now its no longer so . I could easily find myself a seat . There are less travelers now flying via KLIA ...perhaps more are using the low cost carriers . Boy , at that terminal the place is packed with people . More seats needed though for people like me to sit while waiting for the counter to open for checking in purposes .




Of course KLIA is more comfortable and more classy .....nothing beats that !! I just love the plants and flower arrangements they put around the airport ...made me feel good looking at those greens .



We took a taxi to the hotel .



My oh my , little did I realized that we would be putting up in a part of Kuala Lumpur where I used to stay for a month 12 years ago .



I remembered crossing this road to get to Ampang Point . Now they had built an over head bridge . Good of them . A hassle to do so at that time . Risky indeed as I had to carry my son . My sister carrying my daughter as we crossed the road which was forever heavy with traffic .


Twelve years ago my work as a soon to be principal at Tadika Montessori Pelabuhan Bintulu saw me being trained at Montessori Teachers Training Center . A month apart from my family would be miserable . The management was sensitive enough to the feelings of a mother that they arranged for me to go with my whole family .



So there I was staying at the above apartment for a month ; the building in the middle ......with my two younger children in tow . I was lucky my elder sister was kind to follow and help babysit my children while I was at work .




We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights 3 days ...used to be known as Ming Court Hotel .



I just loved the bed ....


Old colleagues ...Sulaiman ( left ) and Habib ( middle ) with hubby ( right )
and son Amir ( back ) .



Of all the people ......while sitting at the hotel lobby ......my old colleagues at Bintulu Port Sdn. Bhd. walked in .......My God .....it was good to have met them again . And of all the place ...right in the heart of Kuala Lumpur .


Of course , we were talking away as if there was no tomorrow .


No , I did not get the chance to meet and continue our conversation again as all of us had to finish whatever we wanted to do in KL .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A'kum,
Miss you all. so far today i settled down at Emily Morgan Hotel,San Antonio. Just balik makan tadi and took some pictures of the Alamo , just opposite our hotel. Maybe I will send it to you later. I managed to get the internet connection where i just pay 9.95 for the duration of the stay.
Still a bit tired after flying so many hours. 18 hrs from KL to LA. Then LA to Houston for 2.5 hrs and then finally Houston to San Antonio just 1 hr trip.
Send my love to Amir and Yasmin.

Anonymous said...

Waalaikumsalam .

Good to hear that you had reached San Antonio safely .

Sungkei time is pretty miserable without you . Of course with those two around and the petty squabbles now and then between them " business " is as usual in this cottage of ours .

Take care .