Saturday, February 9, 2008

Part 2........The Driving Lessons

After I graduated from my father’s " driving lessons " , I was sent to another . This time it was a proper class in the sense that the guy who taught us had a permit to teach people how to drive .


My father decided Mr . Boss to teach me driving . In other words he was my driving instructor . I knew him because he was a family friend . Of course my father would choose him as Mr Boss would not dare do any funny stuff towards me . After all he had heard of funny things some driving instructors did to their students …especially when those students happened to be females .


I remembered it cost my father about RM350 for the class . My session would be three times a week ; each lasting about twenty to thirty minutes . I used Mr. Boss's car for the training .
I can’t remember the car’s model only that it was a Japanese white Toyota and not automatic .


Mr. Boss was very focused and serious when teaching . No funny funny business going on . In fact I can't remember any intelligent conversation I had with him . In those days it was a very practical and hands on learning …….meaning there were no simulators for us to practice .


The place where we learners did our parkings was at an empty space next to the town’s community hall . My session had its routine …..learn how to park ……..not a fun thing to do especially when the day was very , very hot . Then a spin in town ….of course with me at the wheel ......with the car windows rolled down to let in the air and breeze .


Of course my legs and knees were wobbly and jelly like the first time I drove in town . It was scary ….the other cars seemed to have no respect for learners like me …….or so I thought . I had to drive slow …..and a couple of times I caught Mr . Boss dozing off now and then . How he tried to stay awake ………and how I tried to stay alive .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This latest blog is funny ^.^