Friday, February 1, 2008

Saying Goodbye .....Soon.......

We will be moving to our own house in a months time . The whole family is looking forward to stay there . It will be a whole lot of work to do .......to move boxes of books , bags of clothes , furnitures etc . etc. is not an easy task .Indeed it is the most tiring activity ........but we just got to move .


The House .


I will be saying goodbye to my neighbors . They are wonderful people ; definitely not your neighbors from hell . Bless them . They certainly are friendly yet not nosy ......., helpful and very easy to get along with . My family will miss them .




I will be saying goodbye to this kitten too.


My immediate neighbor is a young Chinese couple ......a Mr And Mrs Kizzy Ong . I went over to their house about two weeks ago to send over our gifts for their new born baby girl . Such a warm loving and thoughtful couple . As both of them are working out of town , they are on the road early in the morning and would only be back home late at night . We are so near to each other yet our paths would cross once every tw0 or three weeks ......them being busy with their careers .......and me being caught up with my never ending round of housework and my own trips here and there . Those rare moments of meeting each other would be the time we catch up on each others news....the conversation conducted over the fence that we shared . The last time we met , they extended their invitation to us .....to come over to their house on the third day of Chinese New Year . Yes , insyaallah .....we do hope to come .



This " ayam serama " belongs to my neighbor . At times it would drop by my house .
Perhaps just to keep me company .


Our neighbors to the right of our present house is an Indian family with a seven years old boy . Their 70 years old mother had a stroke last year ......now and then I would see her sitting in her wheel chair outside the house taking in the fresh air . So far I have not talked to her as she does not speak English nor Malay . And I don't speak her language that is Tamil .


Another kitten that I will be saying goodbye to .
I almost put her in the washing machine that morning .


I am on good terms with one of her daughters though ; she being the one who had to give up her career as a kindergarten teacher to look after her mother .We met each other almost daily as both of us uses the front yard to hang our clothes . When we don't have anything to talk about , we just smile to each other . At times " Apa khabak ? " would be the only greetings of the day that we had .



Saying goodbye to this mother cat too .
She is now a grandmother cat . One of her daughter cat gave birth recently .
Case of a teenage pregnancy ........

The little boy in the house is her nephew . He is the most extrovert kid I have ever met . Life certainly is not dull in that house because now and then I do hear arguments he had with his mother and aunts . I certainly will miss this bubbly kid . He never failed to greet me with his " Good morning , Auntie . How are you today ? " This boy is quite lonely as the neighborhood does not have lots of young children . There are some elderly couples and lots of other people who walk around the neighborhood for exercise .


Goodbye neighbors . Thanks for being wonderful people . Of course , our paths will cross as I will be joining the elderly folks during their daily walk on the neighborhood road.




No comments: