Monday, May 19, 2008

An Invitation

An invitation to a wedding reception is indeed rare for me especially if that invitation is from an Indian friend .


I wasn't sure what to expect , however it did not stopped me from going though .

The bride and bridegroom were sitting on their dais when I reached the bride's house . Anjalai looked sweet in her sari . I congratulated both of them .We chatted for a while ...then had to make way for the other well wishes .



Anjalai and her hubby , Ganesh

Throngs of other relatives and friends were already there ; dressed in their finest .....the ladies in their saris or Punjabi suits plus the usual bling bling of jeweleries .



Loud Indian music was played to add gaiety to the occasion . I caught this little girl dancing away and boy .......was she good .






I felt out of place for a while as I was the only Malay / Muslim . I felt all eyes were on me ...and its not fun to be the odd one out . Somehow I persevered . A few minutes later Anjalai's other muslim friends arrived . That was good .



The bride's niece and nieces were excited to see me again . When I was their neighbor , these kids had always been so friendly and would called out " Hello , Auntie !! " whenever I happened to be outside the house . I never could remember their names though except for Shrusti .She was so cute and sweet .



And this is her cousin ......I called him Mr Raj . He would be chatty when he is in the mood but would ignore you when he is tired and in a foul mood .



I went home after an hour ........with a mission accomplished .

No comments: