Sunday, May 18, 2008

Of Amir And Wesak Day

1994.........that was the year my second son was born . A long wait of seven years for his eldest brother and hubby and me as well .



I was excited about the pregnancy .........but I had to be cautious too . After two previous miscarriages , I just had to be extra careful . I never thought that I would be " weak " where my womb is concerned ........as I looked tough , physically that is .


As the months went by , both Amir and me progressed as well . Like my first pregnancy I didn't look as pretty as other mothers ...who just looked radiant and beautiful . I bloated .....my fingers and legs swelled , case of a pregnancy with water retention . Not a fine time to look at myself in the mirror and boy ........I looked pretty heavy and sluggish in my walk ; more like a duck waddling . I remembered buying myself new shoes each month to accomodate my expanding feet . It was indeed exasperating searching for one that suited me and comfortable to use . Worst to the worst ...I said I might as well use the selipar jepun or flip flops to work .



The due date to welcome Amir into the world was supposed to be end of May 1994 . In Miri I visited the doctor there and during the ultra sound scanning , we discovered Amir was in a breech position . With a few more days to go .there was no way Amir could turn around and be in the usual position like any other babies ......that is their heads down . Amir was too comfortable sitting in my womb ......buttocks down !!! Unless a miracle happened that is ........like maybe Amir doing a somersault .....but still he needed space to do all that and there was none ......he was just too hugh !!





The doctor suggested to do the C section on friday the 27 May ...however she said " Come immediately should you have the contractions "

Well....like she said I came to the hospital early ; in the morning of 25th May ...as my water bag broke and I was feeling the contractions as well . My brother drove me to the hospital as my hubby was still in Bintulu .......on his way down to Miri .


I was feeling apprehensive ......more concerned for Amir as it was another two hours later before the doctor did the operation .


Alhamdullillah , everything went on fine . When I woke up from the operation , hubby was there and I remembered asking if he had seen Amir . He said ...yes ...through the glass window of the nursery . He asked if I was ready to hold Amir in my arms . I said yes .


I was still feeling drowsy but I managed to hold him in my arms ... kissed him and smelled him .....babies just smell good . I took off the blanket covering him ....and started to examine him ......counted his fingers ...yep ......there's ten of them . Counted his toes ....yessssss....another ten of them .

Here's Amir .....cuddled by his Usu Sari .

Alhamdullillah .......I gave him back to his father and rested .


That 25 th May day was a public holiday .....a Wesak Day ......an important day for the Buddhists .

No comments: