Monday, October 6, 2008

The " Bunga Api "........

Today is the 6th day of Hari Raya . 6th Syawal 1429 Hijrah too .



Part of my mind is still in Miri where my children and I had spent our Hari Raya recently . For my children , Hari Raya must be celebrated in the kampong . A time for them to meet their cousins , aunties , uncles and of course my parents . A time for bonding too with all .

A time to create memories for them . Wherever they may be , my father's house in the kampong is there awaiting them .



Oh sure they had lots of fun ...especially when once upon a time these were in abundance and cheap . Hari Raya is not complete without playing with the " bunga api " .




How I would be edgy and on alert each time they played with these . Tendency for them to get overboard and started to play " rough " with these was there if not supervised .Hey , Hari Raya is a joyous occasion ...its not the time for one to be spending in the hospital bed .



As they grew up ,these were slowly being put aside . I'm sure their times of playing with these lingers in their minds .



It did for me . That memory of me playing with the " bunga api " like the above is still etched in my mind . Of running with a sparkler in my hand , of just watching it spurting out bright sparks in the dark night added so much happiness to a little girl .


Thanks Bapak ....for being there to create memories .

No comments: