Wednesday, October 15, 2008

When Old friends Met ........



See this beautiful bride ? If I had bumped into her anywhere in Miri town or in any place for that matter , I would never have known that she is the daughter of a childhood friend . That is if I had not been introduced to her by .....of course ...her mother .


And of all the place to meet , hug and be in physical proximity ......it was not in Miri Sweet Miri , but in this new town , Sg. Petani which is home to me for the past two years .





I have known the bride's mother since we were seven years old . We were in the same neighborhood , we went to the same school and in the same class , too......and that kind of make us as close friends . being close meant we made a kind of history between us ...what we used to do together ...and boy !! we were terribly naughty !!! If only my mother had known what I did especially on the way home from school ( note : I walked to and from school ) , I sure would have gotten myself a good hiding !

Anyway ...this childhood friend of mine ....Aminah Taha ...we drifted apart when we were 13 years old . We grew up , made new friends and these friends come in and out of my life . Many I had not seen anymore nor in contact with .

I can't really remember , perhaps Minah ( that's how I called her ; she in turn called me " Cy " ) and I did cross paths now and then over the years when we were in our teens . I'm sure we greeted each other ...picked up where we left off then went on our ways again . The relationship was there though life took us in different directions .

Years passed ......we finished schooling ...married and raised up our children ...both too absorbed in our family world ....that we just didn't have the time or is it energy to get in touch . However in my case there is lurking in the back of my mind ...flashes of old friends ...asking myself and wondering how they are doing .


Its hard to believe it but somehow ...thru the meeting of another friend with Aminah ......and this friend passed my cell phone number ...Aminah did not waste time to contact me . I in turn was surprised to receive her text message and called her immediately . Aminah laughed out loud when I told her I was in this place ...Farmer's River ...and she said ..." I am heading that way this weekend . Its my daughter's wedding !! You must come !! "


So that was how two old friends met after 34 years down the road . GOD surely is looking and watching us .....and GOD blessed our friendship ...that was why we were able to meet , ny friend . Alhamdullillah ......


Make new friends but keep the old ,
New are silver , Old are gold .


We may be two different people but we did not allow the past to bother us ; we picked up where we had left ...a kind of fresh air breathing into our friendship , in and out in a healthy way .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

more wedding pics of my doter in miri......
http://adha-fird.fotopages.com/?entry=1642059&back=http://adha-fird.fotopages.com/?page=1