Thursday, October 9, 2008

Some more Raya Pictures .

A picture speaks a thousand words . So here , I just want to share the few selected pictures that I hope will create memories for my children . These pixs means a lot to me ...what Hari Raya is about .



Going home to Miri for Hari Raya means the meeting up of Yasmin and her bestest cousin , Nadine Yan . She and her family came down all the way from Bintulu just to meet ....up close . Sure they are in constant contact but via the cyber world . Now that they had met ...there were so many things to talk about .


As for Amir he finally get to spend raya with Mira , my brother's daughter . They last met when they were nine years old . Its like " Ahhhh....there you are !! " Its amazing to see how they could " connect " to each other .



Meeting first cousins are a blessing ....especially from their father's side ....That's Yvonne Yan ...Nadine Yan and daughter Yasmin . Extreme right is my grand niece Fadillah .



For the boys its visiting and spending time at my aunt's house in Kuala Baram . This is the first time in 7 years that another picture of my sons and their first cousins was taken. .How all of them have grown .

My boys on the left ....and my nephews ....Sopian in red baju melayu and Mamat ( using the songkok ).



Family relationship means a lot to me . while visiting my Aunt's house at Kuala Baram , I met my cousin . Being me I just have to introduce Yasmin to her second cousin , Fizah , less Yasmin forgets . They rarely meet as this second cousin resides in Kuala Belait . So such meetings with each other is deeply cherished . They exchanged email addresses and I do hope both will stay in touch .



As for me , I visited and finally met my late best friend's mother ...........after a lapse of 18 years . Though we stayed in the same kampong , I never was able to make it to her mom's house . So a call from her sister , Halimah ( below ) prompted me to go and she didn't mind that it was 10 o'clock in the night .


It touched me that they were so welcoming as ever . So genuine in their smiles and it enriched me ...the one who received it; thus strenghtening our friendship further . A friend once said , among the best ships is ...Friendship .........yes I do agree with that . May it always be so .



More pictures of Amir and his second cousins ...Sheetel and Rahul .



This raya was so blessed . It was not that often my sons crossed paths with their third cousins . So there I was explaining to them how so and so are related to them . My brother termed it as " Kissing Cousins "...hehe..whatever it means .

No comments: