Sunday, December 16, 2007

Batik Painting Class


I had a fantastic time during the recent few days in Terengganu .It was raining ...which is normal at this time of the year .It did not dampened my spirits though . After breakfast , I walked around the hotel and found a shop selling clothes and handicrafts . What was beautiful about this particular shop was that it specialized in making batik .

The lady in charge was friendly and told me that at the hotel her company provides batik painting class . She told me the way ...walk straight ...you find the staircase ...walk down and turn right and you will find the place . I did all that and sure enough I found it .

Another girl was there .... the batik painting artist . She was with another student adult ; showing him the techniques of batik painting . She smiled ; greeted me and told me to wait. I browsed around and saw other batik works . They were beautiful pieces.............


A design with Sarawak motifs



Very inspiring .......


Creative ........................


Later , I watched her draw . I was mesmerized . She was just so good !!!!!



Free hand drawing . Note the special tool used . There's hot candle wax in there mixed with a kind of substance to produce the distinct outline .


Full of confidence . Composed .


I found an empty piece of yet to be painted cloth that fascinates me ...the design was simple and with clear lines . Rather abstract . Should be easy to paint in the colors .


The unpainted abstract design .

Jay , that was her name , came to assist me in choosing the colors . She gave me some tips and showed me the techniques . It looked simple and easy .

Then I held the brush ...., dipped it in paint and placed the paint brush to the desired place to be painted . Wow ....the colors just spread on the piece of cloth . Painting must be within the lines . I just have to be careful . I tried all the colors for my work . And this is the end product .


Bright colors . Colorful indeed.

Don't you think its beautiful ? My first attempt at batik painting . Just looking at this piece of art work and to know you had completed this piece gave you a kind of satisfaction within you . It took me 2 hours to complete my master piece . Yes sir , it lifted up my feelings . Outside it was still raining heavily with strong roaring winds .

Exhilarating !

Then I tried again...on another piece.



I feel good.............!!!!!


No comments: