Friday, December 21, 2007

My Kitchen , My Kingdom

Well , I did tell you that we bought a house .....and that I'm pretty excited about it . The house is completed and we could shift in if we want to . However it is not to be so at the moment .

This new terrace house that we bought is pretty small as compared to our old house on Borneo island . I just love the big compound that surrounds the old house .....spacious grounds .....plenty of space .Now that space is what I don't have in this new house .

I don't want to dwell on the design of this terrace house .Suffice to say I need some additional space for this new habitat of mine . Lucky for me , my husband agreed that the dining table which is sharing space with the living room need to be moved into the kitchen .But that will cramped up the kitchen .....my kingdom . So my better half said ...move the kitchen to the back of the house ...meaning to say ...utilize the whatever space there is behind there .

So that was what we did . We called in the contractor to break down the wall .This guy was so focused ............the wall was hacked and down it came ...to create the space that I need for the kitchen . Down came the fence too.....that marked the boundary of my house . Wow ...what a mess .


Bless This Mess. The back portion of the house .
That's where my kitchen will be ....my kingdom.


Five days later , we dropped by and was pleased to see the progress. They had walled up that back portion and had it plastered as well . The work in progress was superb .



Walled up . Window and door openings .


All plastered up ......the kitchen

Now , I am planning what goes in the kitchen . The appliances and its fixtures . Of course if I could I need a ........perfect kitchen . It would have been great to have one that I saw in the showroom . Alas ....there is the budget to think of . My husband once said ...." Hello .....the way you are planning your kitchen ........its as if you have loads of money to spend . " Hehehe ....its okay to dream and drool a while over my supposed to be perfect kitchen decked out in the most
expensive appliances and fixtures .

So now .....I am still planning about my kitchen cabinets .....ample table top space for preparation of food and for baking as well ....storage for my pots and pans plus my kuali ....the crockery and cutlery . I need a pantry ...a pulled out if possible ( but impossible to have due to the kitchen limited space ) , like I saw in the show house . Oh ya ....I need to plan as to where I need to put the rice cooker .... the toaster , the microwave oven , the thermos flask , the fridge ....last but not least my lesung batu as well .

My ...my....my....!!! I really need to sit down and think ....I'll be meeting the contractor who will assist me in making my kitchen .....where the Queen of the house rules .........come true .

So stay safe and be good. Be in touch with you again .



No comments: