Saturday, December 29, 2007

Goodbye 2007


Hello 2008.....Goodbye 2007 .....

What have I achieved ? Did I get to fulfill my 2007 resolutions ? I don't remember making any though .

Come to think of it , I don't remember celebrating any new year by partying the night away . Maybe its because I have a pretty strict father .....who frowned upon his daughters who attend such functions . So boring ...some might say . Looking back .....I guess I'm one of those who just don't seem to enjoy such things . I must say I never get to see the hard partying people who sang Auld Lang Syne ....a party / a place full of lights , disco balls , loud blaring music and confetti and drinks .

So I never experienced having hangovers ...because I don't drink and I don't like to associate myself in the company of people who drinks ...beers ...or whatever booze . I just don't like the smell of such intoxicating drinks .

On new year's night I would be in front of the television ..perhaps with a book in my hand . My children would perhaps be in bed or joining me . I would be busy text messaging to friends and family members that is if I am not tired . Maybe I would be fast asleep in bed by that time . I couldn't care less as long as I wake up to another beautiful and peaceful morning ......the usual routine....of doing the laundry ...., cooking ..maybe doing baking ...cleaning up....the usual things .

Anyway , to those who do intend to party the night away ....take care and stay safe .....there are some sick souls out there who love to pry on innocent peole and spoil your evening or night .

Until then , Happy New Year to you .

No comments: