Monday, December 31, 2007

Good Morning Merry Sunshine .


Somehow this song is in my head lately ; my primary school song .

" Good Morning Merry Sunshine ......How did you wake so soon .....? You scare away the little stars ......and shine away the moon............ "


I used to sing this to my children when they were babies . Now my daughter will put her hands to her ears when she heard my croaky voice singing .Anyway ...that's not what I'm going to write in my blog . Another episode maybe .

Welcome 2008 . A new year and a new start . Welcome back to school too . In my case welcome to the five days a week of being on the expressway ferrying my two children to and from school . And that will be continuous for the whole of 2008 . A twenty minutes drive to reach the destination …meaning a five hours on the road a week . That’s bad ….because the side effect is ..........my bum is getting bigger .


So …the past one and half months had been wonderful . Monotonous maybe but the thrill of sleeping thru the alarm when it rang never felt so good …..but not for long . Much as I wanted to sleep in , my natural biological alarm refused to compromise …..my brain just refused to allow me to sleep .....so I will be up and about to begin the day .


I hope the school days ahead will begin with a good day ……..important ...........as I am the first person my children will be in contact with before they head for school . Its sad really to see them with grumpy faces and sadness in their eyes ...to begin a rough day at school is horrible .



I like it when the day begins with a sunny day . That’s because I can get more things done …like doing my marketing . Along the way , I would be jotting in my mind the “ To do list ” for the day .


On the way to school we would be passing acres of paddy fields . Green and refreshing to the eyes. Beautiful as it looks so peaceful .More so when the sun is just about to rise and peek behind the coconut trees.

Wet paddy fields.


Green green paddy of home .


This picture was taken during sowing of the paddy grains .


After dropping the kids off , I would be picking up the papers at the newspaper vendor . Each day I would be meeting the same familiar faces that I have build a special kind of rapport with them . They are my first contact with the outside world and the conversation would begin with a “ Good morning ” “ How are you ? ” would be the next line . Simple but pleasant enough to begin the day .


That's Dr. Lim on the right . In the middle is the employee from Nepal. On the left is the newspaper vendor . He called me " Kakak ( Sister ) " . How nice ......


Both Dr. Lim and me has this habit of browsing thru the other papers before deciding and paying for the desired paper that we wish to buy . Not good ...somehow a tolerable attitude .....anything for goodwill maybe ? At times we would conduct some small talk for a couple of minutes . Then its off to do one’s own errands.



Reaching home I would be greeted by my neighbor's dog . Much as I appreciate the home coming .....I just am not on friendly terms with him ...........as I am scared of dogs . And this animal is happy enough not to allow me out of the car . So I would be stuck for a couple of minutes ...after much ......Shoo...dog.....shoo....!!!!


This pix was taken when I was stuck in the car . This dog being outside the car door . He was most happy to pose .


Till then ........hope to keep you posted . Be good...take care .....and have a nice day.

No comments: