Monday, January 21, 2008

The Work In Progress

Hello there !!

Remember this ? This was how the new house's backyard used to look . There was a fence there to mark the boundary of my house .



Notice the windows on the left ? Those are the kitchen windows while on the right are the toilet / bathroom windows .



The backyard was walled up with bricks thus creating the space for the new kitchen and my back door . Notice that we did not walled up the whole area .




This is another view of the backyard . The toilet / bathroom windows are on the left . I did not allow this space to be walled up as well as ............


outside these windows is the sewage main hole ............that is the collection point for the solid waste of the household . Now if I were to wall up the place this particular thing will be in my kitchen area as well . You get what I mean ? I don't fancy that at all ........its just gross........!!!!!!!!!!






When my neighbors did their renovation ...they walled up the whole backyard area ....and as such this main hole is sharing the space and atmosphere of their kitchen . To them the backyard should be maximized to create that needed space .





Oh well....this is my house ...and I need not have to follow what they are doing to their house . My kitchen area may be small as compared to them . One thing I do know ...I don't have to feel that " yucky " feeling within me should any member of the household started flushing away their solid waste and perhaps had a whiff of the " smell " escaping in the air . I don't have to worry about that any more .





Well , as for that space outside the toilet / bathroom windows , I tiled the floor ............ I chose a natural color tile that is non slippery and won't show dirt . I wanted to put a washing basin there ...then changed my mind ...and asked the contractor to create this solid surface for me to do my washing ......for my children to wash their school shoes etc . Come to think of it .......a wet area . Hmmmm........this area will be the place where I'm going to put the brooms , mops and buckets too.


That's all , folks !!! Will update you again .



No comments: