Thursday, January 3, 2008

Peace


Wake up ….get out of bed ….. drag a comb across my head ……that’s the daily routine …….as long as I am alive and breathing oxygen in this world.


Today after I dropped the children off at school I went marketing ......then I had my first “ teh tarik ” for the year at a nearby shop . This drink perked up my day …..too much of is disastrous for I gained weight easily . I promised myself not to succumb to it anymore . Hehe…….let’s see how it goes ………


With the children at school the house is quiet …..I am all alone and enjoying my own company .My washings are on the line …..its a sunny breezy day . I could hear the birds happily chirping outside . I thanked God for the quiet moments and all that I have been blessed with . In another three hours time my children will be home . It will be back to the chaotic world as I’ll have to pick them up .


In the mean time I need this peace …..no music …..the tv is off . Its only me and I need to work in silence. I shouldn’t be thinking of anything right now . I should let my mind be empty …..devoid of any thinking . But I find it hard to do so . Its not easy for me to stop my mind from thinking ….I mean for it to stop and be quiet . Let it rest for a while .


Maybe its the quietness and the peace …..it allows my mind to refocus and prioritize what’s important . There will always be activities ……things to do . I need these few moments to slow down …..plenty of tasks are waiting for me which I will pick up in another hour .


Till then ……peace to you and peace to the world too .


No comments: