Friday, July 18, 2008

The Chase .

Ok ....I need this break . The laundry is out in the sun : I have washed the two stairs at the back , scrubbed the small washing area , washed two floor mats . Had scrubbed the kitchen towels but still need to soak it for a while with detergent to give anither boost of cleanliness to it .....so that when it is dry it looks white and clean ; ready to be used again .

As I was preparing ingredients for my fried yellow mee .....I heard squeels .....as if one is in pain and in fright . I looked up ...horrors of horrors ........indeed she was scared . How she ran for her life ! He was bigger then her and the long legs ........wow !! He easily closed the gaps between them . In no time he toppled her down . She was scared and fighting back .

Well......me being the busy body must not stand and look and let things set its own course . I stood at the back door and cried out ....Hey you !!

Both looked up . He paused ...looked at me in the eye ....and if looks could kill ..I would be dead by now .The short distraction was enough for her to scramble on her feet and off she ran for sheer life . There was no place to hide . Its all grasses ...shrubs here and there ...and in broad daylight .....you are a goner !! He gave chase ; toppled her down again . They were at a corner of my back neighbor's yard . Quite far to distract him again ......even if I did attempted he would pooh pooh me off .

She .....was still on the ground ......trying hard to save herself ........he was looking down at her ....now and then stalking around her ....looking for the perfect moment to pounce on her again .

She moved too ...not going to give up to him ...she spat ......growled .......yunno in a more feminine way . Atta girl !! At least you are fighting back . She got up .....ran ...ran ..and ran, He gave chase ..he was enjoying it ...I bet .....you dirty scum !!


Then I heard another back door was being opened . Finally help is on the way . Out came my neighbor .......with a stick in her hand ...a big meter long stick .

I saw her walked up to my neighbors fence .........and with a loud " Shoo !! " plus harsh words in her Tamil language .......it scared the shit out of him !! He darted off .


Our young back alley beautiful cat is safe .......for now ...from predators .....their own species .


Had seen two of them lately in the back lane . Eyeing the beauties in the alley ........though standing a safe distance away . I could see the gleam in their eyes .......and what transpired in his mind ......well!! I know what he is up to !!

No comments: