Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What ? Insane ?

You heard me ......I am going insane ......soon .


Life for the past five days was horrendous . I dread evenings . At six pm , I found myself closing my sliding doors and pulled the curtains . The front door would be closed too . Things that are not the norm of this house .


My house has and is always wide opened ...by that I meant ....doors both front and back are opened ....windows too and curtains are tied back ; all these to let in the fresh air into my house . I am not one who survived on stagnant air . Alas ! All these will come to an end if the present situation persists .


Hey ...I am one who is not that prejudice kind of person . I accept people whoever they may be ..regardless of race and religion . I have always believed in respecting other peoples religion and tries to tolerate and understand their believes ......and I do expect them to do that to my believes too .


However it can't be denied that at times your tolerance level is being tested and when it reached that certain limit ......you kinda feel like you want to storm up to that guy and give him a piece of your mind .


You see ........my new neighbor just moved in . Being Hindus they have their own rituals that goes along with it . Bells would be rung .....that's fine for me .Then they would burnt their incense which was so far fine with me . Nothing strange as I do have some other Hindu neighbors . The incense they burnt so far is tolerable .The smell would linger in the air for the most 10 minutes or so and would soon go away .


But its not so with this newbie on the block . Must he made his presence felt by burning an incense that pollutes my environment ? Can't he use an incense with a more subtle kind of smell ? Hey ........don't get me wrong ........he can burnt any number of incense if he wants too........but please lah ......try to ensre the smell stays within your territory and your environment . Ensure that the atrocious smell that make me puked and gave me a terrible headache stayed within your compound and house too . Do you have to burnt that particular atrocious and bad mother of all smells incense outside your house too ? Must you put that incense at the corner of your backyard which happens to be the corner of my wall too ? Of course the smell enters my kitchen ..you ....you........senseless out of this planet neighbor ? ( Pardon the expression ...I'm insane , remember ? ) . Must you burnt it for the whole evening and whole night ? Goshhhhhhhhhhhh.......how insensitive and brainless of you .


Ok ......I hope our paths will cross soon .....and I will tell you how I feel .....I will tell you I am going insane over your incense !!


I hope you will cooperate ......well if you don't .......I will join in in this incense burning thing ......I will not burn what you used . I have my own concoction too....and if my memory proves me right .....you will be coughing away and sneezing non stop over this recipe of mine ......dry skins of red onions and garlic ...and dry red chillies with its seeds .


Old folks said .....this heart burning smell can drive away the hantu pelisit too .


I hope you will not be my neighbor from hell ..............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although, we must respect everyone's custom and religion.

Anonymous said...

Agree! And who are you? Atleast put a name or something