Saturday, July 12, 2008

He Ain't Heavy ......He's My Brother.......

Do you ever sit back and recall of years gone by and during that time..you had a fleeting moment of remembrance of life with your dearly departed family members ?


Yes I do .I do remember for a fact that this year ...and to be exact comes 13 Shaaban , it would have been 20 years my eldest bro left us .


I remembered the day it happened ....it took everybody by surprise ....his own family and my mother and father plus us siblings . That was 1988 . He was 40 years old when he passed on .



We called him Bang Long ..the eldest son for my parents . I don't remember playing with him as a child though ...... I am the eight in the family .......and by the time I was born he was a teenager .

But I do remember the jokes we shared ...the teasings .......his smile ...I would like to think of the golden aspects of him and he had lots .......like he was my mother's chauffeur .....could easily get him to give a helping hand when my mother wants to do her marketing . He was the one my mother would turn to to help pick up a relative . He was the one who was very much at ease with relatives and the friendliest .


Being the eldest , I'm sure my parents had that special feelings for him ....so did my grandparents ....how they must have dotted on him....after all he was the eldest grandchild . As for me we could get along together ....we could converse , we could poke fun with each other without getting mad ..... Come to think of it , my bro had this light brown eyes ......and I always wondered where my daughter inherited hers . Those were the days and how I treasured those times .

I could write more about him ..but let that be in my memories for now .....

Al Fatihah . Rest in peace , brother . You will always be in my prayers .

No comments: