Thursday, March 18, 2010

And Mommies Are People Too....

" Dear Children ,

Its your school break ....meaning for the next few days I am not doing any sending and picking you up from school .

A break for you but for me , break or no break ....I still have to do the laundry , do the marketing , clean the house and cook too ....the most basic tasks in this household I am running .

You know ....your help is most appreciated during the next few days . Do anything that u think u could do as that will be a great help ....I need a break too because ....mommies are people too .

From your mommy dearest . "

I have been telling dear hubby abut buying a couple of new plants.. The best place to get these is at the Malaysian / Thailand Border ...at Padang Besar to be exact . So when son Amir said you gotta go ....you need to be away from us .....I jumped at the suggestion .


I dragged dear hubby out of the house . But he had other ideas . He did not want to go to Padang Besar as that would be a 2 hours drive . So we settled for Bukit Kayu Hitam another border town .


Its a one and a half hours drive . Passing hectares of padi fields . Most fields empty as the paddy had just been harvested .



With such super duper good highways driving was a brisk .

We reached the MAlaysian border , passed thru the Immigration Checkpoint .
We need not produce any documents but just indicate to the Immigration Officers that we are going to " the no mans land ".


Lots of vehicles ; it being the school break . Most came here to shop as it is relatively cheaper . There are other bazaars too ...mostly selling clothes .



There is a golf course too ...though the fields are not a pretty sight . Dry due to the prolonged dry season .




Nothing caught my fancy while here . A shock actually knowing my compulsive buying that caught my attention .

So we decided to head for home . Felt glad that the situation at the border is peaceful . Of course at this checkpoint I saw plenty of our armed forces loitering around ...making me feel so much safer . Felt so good to be welcomed home again .

No comments: