Friday, March 5, 2010

A Date With The Doctor

Abstain yourself from food as from midnight ...that was what Doc Kelvin said the last we met . I have to do some blood test on you ...he continued .

Not a welcoming news to be reminded of another medical check up . " Come and see me after your holidays " and I finally did ...3 months later . And that's because another issue cropped up that I just gotta meet him again .

I was early ..the 2nd patient of the morning .; so far so good ..my tummy was not doing its drum roll . And gosh ...my bladder was full . 20 minutes after I registered myself I was admitted to see Doc Kelvin . He was pleasant , he was courteous , he was super cool . As we exchanged bits and pieces of news he took my blood pressure ...." Super good " .." The best reading "....." Superb " ...as he praised and went goo goo ga ga over my BP . Well that was good news .

I proceeded to tell him of my latest development ...with Doc Kelvin U gotta tell all and be frank . A problem he gotta help me . I said '...Doc ....lately ...I bleed '......and so on ...( censored ).

Doc Kelvin : Red or dark brown ?

Me : What's the difference ? Red ...looks fresh .

Doc Kelvin : If its dark brown ...its the old mensus blood . If fresh red , we gotta check it out . I 'll scan u first ....a good time to check out as your bladder is still full "

Me : Yeah Doc , U better do before the dam broke .

The scan was fine , Doc Kelvin did not see any cyst which used to be hovering outside my uterus . The uterine wall lining is still slightly thick about 0.7mm ...not to his liking though . Next , I need not guide him see the place where the sun never shines on as he proceeded to do the pap smear ; took a long look at the tunnel and said ...yeah ..there is bleeding at the cervix .

Doc Kelvin : We treat this medically first . I'm going to give u a medication ; u follow the instructions . Do it once this week and another one next week . Not more then that . In the mean time we wait for the pap smear results . I will call u once I received it .

I nodded in agreement .

Doc Kelvin : After this u take your blood test . Please follow Nurse Jothi .

Yeah ...with the Doctors U just follow orders and I was marched off to the ' blood sucking ' unit . A Nurse Nair was there and made me feel comfortable as she proceeded to take my blood meant for 2 or 3 vials . The results would be ready in 2 hours ..she said .

With nothing else needed out of me I went home , went with dear hubby for a round of ' Tosei ' to break my fast at 11oo .


Flowers for me ...for a task done !

No comments: