Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hot Days


Have you seen the rain lately ? Nope ......not a single drop for the past month . Temperatures been soaring like 36'C till 39'C. No breeze too...I wonder where does the wind go ?

Hot , hot , a hot day indeed .. I have been thinking I ought to get myself a pair of sunglasses when I dry out the laundry . A big hat as well . That will definitely make my neighbor's stop in their tracks when they see me .My eyes hurt too...." Ouch ! Too bright ...can't see " as my little niece used to say a long time ago .

I just got to control myself from being crabby ....though my son said I am all the time . Am I ?

A nice time to be out in the sun is from 0700 till 0845 . After that no venturing outside unless absolutely necessary . In this short time I am transformed into a supermom ...sending the children to school , putting up the laundry outside and sweeping the driveway / patio . I air dry the pillows and blankets too if space permits .


Oh ya . I did the marketing this morning . Good to see the familiar and friendly vendors who are forever cheery . Its been 2 weeks since I was there . One lady was wondering if I had gone back to my hometown . Nope ....no trips yet .

Its a good feeling on this hot sunny day when the newspaper vendor greeted me with a smile then said " Selamat Jalan " as I got into my car . That stopped me for a while there . I love and appreciates that someone bothers to tell me to " Have a safe journey home " .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Asalamualaikum,
Glad to hear you have a great day.
Yep , it sure`s good to hear people greeted you cheerfully and then wish you a safe trip, or have a good day.Alhamdulillah for these folks ; they really make yr day beautiful; hopefully you make their day as great.
Anjang