Saturday, August 9, 2008

Beijing In My Living Room



I never was an athlete so that makes me as a kaki bangku . Somehow this 2008 Olympics Games at Beijing excites me . Perhaps its due to the constant coverage that is shown on TV. Perhaps the fact that I am a retiree( a friend said I sounded so old when I used this word ) has given me the option to watch and read more about this event . Back to the days when I was working limited time was spent watching TV . When I do get the opportunity the programs to watch would be more selective .





I was supposed to update this last night after the opening ceremony. Somehow it didn't work out as planned . I managed to take some pictures before the battery of my camera went flat .



I was glued to the TV too at precisely 8.03pm ; just to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games at Beijing ; transported there via its live telecast . Thanks to modern technology , this was the first opening ceremony that had me transfixed and mesmerized . Its okay that I need not be there to enjoy the show . Watching from the comfort of my home was so much cozy and less stressful .




I was of course joined by my children and dear hubby . Now that they are older , the 2008 Olympic Games has much meaning to my children .They can comprehend and appreciate its significant ; how much it meant to the athletes from all around the world .


There were countries that daughter Yasmin had not known of ...like Malta . She was impressed when I told her that her Usu Sari used to have a pen friend from Malta and that they are still in touch .


As for me the country Erithrea ( correct spelling? ) is new to me .....







Watching in the comforts of your home have its advantage and disadvantage . Advantage being that it was more relaxing and conversations could be held audibly .









Disadvantage being that everybody tend to sit in their most comfortable positions .......like this and .........mummy had to continue her housework at the same time .


I folded the days clothes as I watched the ceremony ; no time wasted . Half way through hubby said he was hungry and off he went to the kitchen . I joined him and later found both of us having dinner in front of the TV .

Bad !!!



It was an opening ceremony that will be etched in my memories . Another 4 years down the road , insyaallah ......I hope to see how the next host country will planned their ceremony . Last night was just awesome ! Fantastic !



In came the Malaysian contingent . I quickly grabbed my camera . I managed to catch this














and this .


And when the olympic flame was lighted up , Amir exclaimed , " Look at the size of the flame! "


Then added " That's global warming for you ! "







Put aside the green house issue , my son .


For now let us enjoy the GAMES !!

No comments: