Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dear Me .........What Have I Done ?

Hello there ! What's up ?

A lot actually , in my case .


Remember in my last couple of blogs that I was keen to get for myself a new mixer ? After all the short baking classes that I attended , I was tempted to get one . Below is the faithful thingy I had been using or the past 15 years . It had seen better days .




I scouted around . Should I get forself brands like ......Kenwood ...........Electrolux .......Kitchen Aid ? I asked the chefs what their opinions were of such brands . Well.they kind of give me some tips here and there . In the end I was having second thoughts in purchasing either one of them .


Then I saw one brand in a brochure . Yes , I read the specifications .....paid a RM50 deposit , waited for it patiently and in week , I received a call asking me to pick up the product .


The salesman took it out from the box . I saw this huge thing and was caught by surprise . I was like ......oh my god ......did I order the correct product ?



Was I impressed ? No !! I was shocked .


None the less, I paid for the balance ...the salesman put it in my car . No way am I going to carry it as it was so......so......heavy . When I reached home , I left it in the car and waited for hubby to help bring it in .


His first words when he saw it ? " Are you opening up a bakery outlet ? "




I could not say anything . Its there on my kitchen top . Occupying up so much space n my small kitchen ; side by side to my faithful old one .

I have used it . It is impressive ; stable and quiet. Great !! Now I have to attend more classes on baking and perhaps find myself baking my own bread .


We never will know !!


No comments: