Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wedding



See this invitation ? I am invited to attend a wedding . My first invitation to a malay wedding ...I mean here in Sg. Petani .




This is the bride's father . I had known him and his missus ..... for the past one and half years through my weekly marketing . They sell chicken at the open air market that I frequented . Nice folks though our conversation is not your usual type of conversation ...its more like " How many kilos today ? " or " Will that be just the chicken wings only ? " Then they would cut up the parts for me while I waited at the side ....collected and paid for my purchase . Then off I went to see the other stalls .


I told hubby that I would be attending this wedding reception . He trotted along too ...which is not like him to do so . Somehow ...he did and ......it started raining ...with thunder and lighting . So we had to wait for at least two hours ...and I honestly thought the rain would not stop . After all I was dressed in best baju kurung ....siap dengan my selendang too !!




Again , it was a typical Malaysian wedding ...friends of all races and religions stopping by to wish the happy couple and parents . It made me feel good to be a Malaysian .




The happy newly weds .


Semoga berkekalan hingga ke anak cucu !!

No comments: