Friday, April 25, 2008

Hello Neighbor !!

Hello there !!


How time flies . Its been a month now ...since I left the my rented house . It feels good to be in your own house . You feel kind of more permanent in it without having that lingering thoughts of moving ......and packing and unpacking and arranging and putting away things .


Gee whiz !! If you are to ask me if I have met and talked to my neighbors ....I'm ashamed to say ...I have not met all of them . Two evenings ago as I was about to close the gates , a neighbor five doors down the block happenend to pass by . Of course , being me and my big mouth .......I just had to say " Hello !! ".....and she ....thank goodness .........said hello too .


So the session on get to know thy neighbors began .........The conversation went like this :

N : Have you taken your dinner ?

Me : No ......( I don't know .....but asking whether one had taken their food seemed to be a good ice breaker )

N : Me too. I'm so bored now .......My husband has gone to his mother
's house to pick up my son .

Me : Ohhh......Your MIL ( mother in law ) looking after your son ? ( In my heart , if you are dead bored why didn't you go with your hubby )

N : Yes ......on alternate weeks .........sometimes my mum looks after him too . I missed my son ........when he is not around . But when he is with me .....I will be shrieking at the top of my voice .....he is so naughty .........and I can't do my work ................

Me : ( In my heart ........woman .......you are one disturbed mum . You mental or what ?? )


Of course we talked on other things ......like who is so and so at that house ........their jobs .......how many children .............That's bad , isn't it ? I felt kind of being a busy body there .

Anyway , our encounter ended with me not knowing her name ........so how am I going to call her ?












No comments: